BLOOMBERG TV LIVE
Bloomberg Television (on-air as Bloomberg) is an American-based pay television network centred towards business and capital market programming, owned by Bloomberg L.P. It is distributed globally, reaching over 310 million homes worldwide. It is headquartered in New York City, with European headquarters in London and Asian headquarters in Hong Kong.
Programming bloomberg usa tv
- Best of Bloomberg Technology with Emily Chang
- Bloomberg Best
- Bloomberg Businessweek with Carol Massar and Jason Kelly
- Bloomberg Commodities Edge with Alix Steel
- Brilliant Ideas
- Good Fortunes
- Bloomberg Real Yield with Jonathan Ferro
- Bloomberg ETF IQ with Scarlet Fu
- Studio 1.0 with Emily Chang
- High Flyers with Haslinda Amin
- Best of Bloomberg Markets Middle East with Yousef Gamal El-Din or Tracy Alloway
- Leaders with Lacqua with Francine Lacqua
Bloomberg was well known for using a datascreen format that occupied most of the television screen and the camera shots. Until 1998, Bloomberg did not have a moving ticker. Instead, it had boxes that were dedicated to world news, as well as weather conditions in selected cities, in addition to market data which was confined to the bottom of the screen. This changed gradually to focus more on business news. The data screen was reformatted several times to include a moving stock ticker and accommodate new graphics.
The datascreen format was phased out in late 2007, where the programs were seen almost in full-screen with the ticker and headlines bar confined to the lower part of the screen. However, Bloomberg HD (available in the US only) features more data boxes on the right side of the screen compared to its SD counterpart. This effectively makes on-screen presentation on Bloomberg HD resemble the pre-2007 datascreen.
On Monday September 22, 2014, Bloomberg Television dropped the long-standing live stock ticker as part of the new on screen information format. No reason for this was given.